Monday, March 19, 2012

Ugly, brittle, chipped, uber-thin nails...FIXED!

I have been on a nail polish high lately. Perhaps it's because of the overwhelming number of compliments I receive on any given day that motivates me to switch my nail polish at least once a week.

Flash forward two months and as I remove the two layers of OPI with one layer of Revlon top coat, I reveal the most God-awful set of horribly damaged and yellowed naked nails. Part of me wants to CRY. I could probably conceal this with a dark color of polish, but this will only add to the problem and the next time I use nail polish remover, I will probably wipe away the NAILS.

Friday night, I removed my nails and gently massaged with olive oil, which is supposed to help with nail and cuticle growth. Then I rinsed and dried my nails and began to embark on what I would later deem the most critical treatment for my nails ever.

Introducing Sally Hansen Hard As Nails (not endorsed by SH...this is my own opinion because no girl should have to walk around with egregiously messed up nails). This stuff is AMAZING and probably one of the least expensive beauty products I have ever purchased (less than $3!).


Directions:
Apply 1-2 coats (I needed 2 coats), allowing each coat to dry. Disregard the directions on the bottle and do NOT feel free to apply nail polish over this coat the same day. In order for the treatment to work, you need to allow the product to settle and dry. I tried applying nail polish the same day and it made the SH Hard as Nails stuff melt off.

Hope this helps all you nail polish aficionados out there! You do not need to give up your nail obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment