Saturday, March 10, 2012

My HG Acne Cure

Due to stress, lack of sleep, and many other ails of being a young and busy girl, my face has broken out into chaos. It's not just painful...it's really embarrassing.

I was on makeupalley.com reading reviews and came across this mask I had never heard of. DDF Sulfuric Therapeutic Mask is regarded as one of the best remedies for acne. Having received a giftcard to Sephora for Christmas, I decided to give this a try.


I will break down everything as it happened.

Before:
Three inflamed cystic pimples along my noseline. One bleeding but semi-flattened zit on my forehead just about my left eyebrow. Some mini bumps on my chin.

I applied a VERY thin layer all over my face. Directions say to leave it on for 10-15 minutes, but many other reviews had recommended leaving it on for at least 30 minutes or even as long as one hour for good results. I left the mask on for one hour, then rinsed with warm water. Yes, it smelled like sulfur. But my skin hadn't felt this good in MONTHS.

After washing, I applied Thayer's Aloe Vera Witch Hazel toner and moisturized with Night of Olay Firming cream.

Day 1:
WOW. The "open wound" on my forehead was still read, but the three cysts had diminished substantially. The small bumps beneath my chin became popable (ew, sorry) and went away immediately after I cleaned them with the extractor tool. My skin was certainly dry after using this mask, but the moisturizer quickly rectified that. With a little makeup, you can tell I had acne but nothing jumps out horrifically.

I repeated the above regime.

Day 2:
Woke up and my skin was actually GLOWING. The spot above my eyebrow was now completely flat and the redness was decreased by half. Two of the three cysts literally VANISHED. The third one was still there but flat, which meant a little concealer would fix it for the day.

No new zits.

Days 3-7:
I did not use this mask during this time period. Instead, I washed my face with St. Ives Green Tea Acne Wash and Thayer's toner. I avoided touching my face and kept a clean diet.

After one week, my face is completely clear. There is mild scarring from the spot above my eyebrow as well as that third cyst. With a dab of makeup, my skin looks really good!

So there you have it. This is my new favorite mask. I still use yogurt, Queen Helene mint julep, and honey every once in a while. I prefer honey because it is organic. But I think I have found my new HG remedy! I will definitely update if my results change in the future, but I hope this helps all you lovely ladies out there looking for a good fix.

Yes, $40 is expensive for a mask (especially if you are cheap like me and used QH mint julep your whole life). But I have definitely spent more on a facial at a spa, and the results were far less impressive there. Maybe get together with your girlfriends and do a spa night. You can all chip in a little to buy this jar of miracle mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment